Thursday, April 23, 2009

Just another day??

Ah yes.....April 22 - in 1944 my mom and dad tied the knot!! They were together for almost 46 years! Bob and I tied the knot - wow 20 freaking years ago - where has the time gone....gone in raising 3 sons...and 2 daughters....and that I will say I done good!!! My kids are my pride and joy....3 amazing sons - with their equally amazing other halfs!!! and my awesome girls - moody at times - but all in all - I couldn't ask for anything better. I remember at our wedding - making some dumb comment about being on tour and..and old...but doing music way into the future - well, that has changed a little - maybe on occasion - but not too often.
The economy sucks - and so go or lives...not much to be celebrating - this to do list grows by leaps and bounds - but the bills need to be paid - so that list just sits there from year to year. Real Estate - well actually I can say that I am busier in this economy that I was in better times - go figure - just need to get these suckers sold!!!
The wedding approaches..and I have offered to make a quilt or a raffle for the Jack and Jill that will be held in June.... it's going great - but hopefully not too much of a pain in the neck - literally - last year I did a quilt and got rewarded with days in bed - big pain meds (and they did work!) and didn't touch that quilt for a year..I am excited about giving this to the kids as a raffle prize at the party - I certainly hope that people like it enough that they will buy lots of tickets....or I will have to buy them all. Becca asked me what will I do if someone (you know who) wins, and I don't like them....well, I will have to smile - be nice - and hope that they enjoy the fruits of my labor!!
So - back to April 22....the day came and went, just like any other day...sort of sad I guess - 20 years - and not too much to celebrate....did get a dinner - but actually said we should head home - what we spent on dinner - could have paid a bill!
How sad....

2 comments:

Barb said...

What do you know...Bob and I are married 38 years on April 22! And yes, just another day and a dinner!

Barb said...

Barb is Fabric Overload...